Safari Healthcare is seeking a Special Education Teacher for a local/travel contract. As a Special Education Teachers, you will be required to develop teaching plans according to students’ learning needs.
Why Join Safari Healthcare
We’re a nursing staffing agency that offers travel contracts, Local contracts, and Per Diem assignments across the United States. We offer designed assignments to cater your specific needs. With us, you make your own hours, you decide when you want to be available to work; morning, evening or night shift. We offer competitive hourly compensation, meaning more money in your pocket, and choose where you want to work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Craft teaching plans and assess students abilities.
- Keep track of and reflect on students’ progress
- Adapt learning materials to students’ needs
- Monitor children’s behavioral patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict
- Find engaging activities to teach like theater and drawing
- Prepare students for transition to the next grade
- Mentor other professionals who work with children with disabilities
- Be in constant communication with parents about their children’s performance and potential problems
- Collaborate with the support staff e.g. school counselors and speech therapists to create holistic intervention plans
Qualifications and Requirements
- BSc in Special Education.
- Valid state special education certificate
- Experience as a Special Education Teacher.
- Experience working with children with disabilities.
- Good knowledge of current special education topics and methodologies
- Ability to create IEPs
- A patient, resourceful, and resilient personality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
For any questions about this job, please contact:
Safari Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees.