As a Certified Medication Technician (CMT), your task will be to administer topical and oral medications to residents. These duties must be performed in accordance with state and federal rules and regulations and as ordered by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed, to perform daily routine tasks required in maintaining the health, well-being and comfort of the residents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers medications as ordered by a physician under the supervision of a licensed nurse, in accordance with the state and federal regulations.
- Observes and reports any reactions or side effects of medications to a licensed nurse on the appropriate shift.
- Performs resident care responsibilities in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort, consistent with MGM Healthcare Clinical Policies and Procedures.
- Notifies appropriate licensed staff when a resident complains of pain.
- Administers and records all medication given to residents’ based upon their specific chart.
- Records the administration of medications and/or treatments appropriately, utilizing the computer system to enter and reference resident information as needed.
- Administers PRN medications in accordance with state and federal regulations and consistent with facility policy.
- Support and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Reports and, when appropriate, records any changes observed in condition or behavior of residents and unusual incidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- CMT Certification
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work well with people.
Why Join Safari Healthcare
We’re a nursing staffing agency that offers travel contracts, Local contracts, and Per Diem assignments across the United States. We offer designed assignments to cater your specific needs. With us, you make your own hours, you decide when you want to be available to work; morning, evening or night shift. We offer competitive hourly compensation, meaning more money in your pocket, and choose where you want to work.
For any questions about this job, please contact:
Safari Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees.