Safari Healthcare is seeking a Speech Language Pathologist for a local/travel contract in…
Who We Are
We’re a nursing staffing agency that offers travel contracts, Local contracts, and Per Diem assignments across the United States. We offer designed assignments to cater your specific needs. With us, you make your own hours, you decide when you want to be available to work; morning, evening or night shift. We offer competitive hourly compensation, meaning more money in your pocket, and choose where you want to work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare engaging exercises and activities to use during speech sessions with patients
- Create goals and objectives for patients to work toward and identify areas of progress and challenges
- Provide counseling and consultations for new patients
- Oversee speech-language pathologist assistants and support their full-scope understanding of how to manage an office
- Review the patient’s file prior to their appointment and have a clear understanding of the challenge to be addressed
- Prepare speech pathology equipment and exam room, ensuring proper sterilization and safety procedures are followed
- Attend continuing education courses and work to advance personal knowledge and experience within the field
- Request and organize written authorization from patients involving specific follow-up instructions and goals for improvement
Qualifications and Requirements
- State-issued license and Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP).
- Master’s degree in speech-language pathology.
- Proficiency in computer software.
- Demonstrated knowledge and adherence to HIPAA legislation and other patient privacy laws
- Physical endurance.
- A friendly and professional demeanor is required when explaining procedures and processes to patients
- Accountability and attention to detail.
- Experience working with sensitive and personal patient records and information
This role requires 1 years of experience.
For any questions about this job, please contact:
Safari Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees.