Safari Healthcare is seeking a respiratory therapist. You will be responsible for analyzing, conducting, performing, and diagnostic and function tests to assess lung capacity and capability. Treating patients with aerosol medications and chest physiotherapy. Working with physicians and nurses to create treatment plans. Evaluating progress of treatment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing testing to assist in diagnosis, treatment, and research
- Assembling, maintaining, and calibrating respiratory therapy equipment
- Conducting and monitoring prescribed therapeutic and diagnostic procedures
- Performing pulmonary function testing
- Maintaining artificial and natural airways
- Documenting information to a patient’s medical record/maintaining accurate and complete records
- Educating patients on disease prevention and lung health
- Performing hemodynamic monitoring and other physiologic monitoring
- Educating patients on the use of inhalers and inhalation devices
- Communicating assessments and updates with members of the healthcare team
Qualifications and Requirements
- Registration or certification by the national board for respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Completion of an accredited respiratory therapy program or technical college course for respiratory therapy.
- Current RN or LPN license in the state of practice.
- Current RCP license in the state of practice.
- Respiratory care, emergency care, and intensive care experience.
- Must possess a valid and current driver license and auto insurance.
- Strong knowledge of pulmonary function and pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Experience with respiratory equipment.
Why Join Safari Healthcare
We’re a nursing staffing agency that offers travel contracts, Local contracts, and Per Diem assignments across the United States. We offer designed assignments to cater your specific needs. With us, you make your own hours, you decide when you want to be available to work; morning, evening or night shift. We offer competitive hourly compensation, meaning more money in your pocket, and choose where you want to work.
For any questions about this job, please contact:
Safari Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees.