Safari Healthcare is seeking a licensed Physical Therapist Assistant to help patients improve their mobility. Under the direction of the physical therapist, you will work in treating patients with medical problems or other conditions that limit their ability to perform functional activities.
Why Join Safari Healthcare
We’re a nursing staffing agency that offers travel contracts, Local contracts, and Per Diem assignments across the United States. We offer designed assignments to cater your specific needs. With us, you make your own hours, you decide when you want to be available to work; morning, evening or night shift. We offer competitive hourly compensation, meaning more money in your pocket, and choose where you want to work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure continued competence and updated field knowledge
- Implement selected components of care and interventions in a technically competent manner
- Participate in patient status judgments
- Instruct and counsel patients effectively in exercises
- Complete documentation to support the delivery of physical therapy services
- Identify patient’s needs and exhibit compassion, caring, and empathy to individual differences
- Apply the latest research related to restoring function, reducing symptoms frequency, and preventing injury
- Recommend options, courses of action or modifications in selected treatments ensuring patient’s progress, safety and comfort
- Measure performance and report on patient’s medical record
- Adhere to ethical and legal standards
Qualifications and Requirements
- Associate or BS degree in PTA
- Work experience as Physical Therapist Assistant
- License to practice or relevant certification
- Excellent knowledge of physiology best practices and standards
- Ability to communicate and instruct effectively
- Hands-on experience with therapeutic exercises, functional training and physical modalities
- Health care administration and documentation skills
For any questions about this job, please contact:
Safari Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees.