Safari Healthcare is seeking a Physical Therapist for a local/travel contract. Through your work as a Physical therapist, you can help patients reduce the need for prescription drugs and avoid surgery. In many cases, you’ll form long-term relationships with patients and be rewarded by seeing their hard work pay off.
Why Join Safari Healthcare
We’re a nursing staffing agency that offers travel contracts, Local contracts, and Per Diem assignments across the United States. We offer designed assignments to cater your specific needs. With us, you make your own hours, you decide when you want to be available to work; morning, evening or night shift. We offer competitive hourly compensation, meaning more money in your pocket, and choose where you want to work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising the patient and family about in-home treatment options and exercises
- Teaching patients how to properly use therapeutic exercise techniques
- Consulting with patients to learn about their physical condition and symptoms
- Providing stimulation or massage to promote healing
- Diagnosing movement dysfunction and developing a treatment plan
- Assisting patients with the use of equipment such as wheelchairs or walkers
- Maintaining patient records and keeping track of goals and progress
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS or Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy from a physical therapy program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association
- Current Physical Therapy license for state of operation.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (with AED).
- Strong experience administering a wide range of physical therapy techniques, not limited to: giving massages; applying physical agents; initiating traction; utilizing hydrotherapy tanks and whirlpool baths, ultraviolet / infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines.
- Experience in assisting and directing treatments given by aides, technicians, and assistants.
- Knowledge of responsible use of facility equipment, best practices for equipment use and preventative maintenance procedures.
- Experience with recommending assistive equipment to patients and outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Experience with a wide range of patient age groups and injuries.
- Knowledge of Occupational Therapy and an understanding of when these techniques can benefit patients.
For any questions about this job, please contact:
Safari Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees.