Safari Healthcare is seeking an Occupational Therapist for a local/travel contract. You will be responsible for…
Why Join Safari Healthcare
We’re a nursing staffing agency that offers travel contracts, Local contracts, and Per Diem assignments across the United States. We offer designed assignments to cater your specific needs. With us, you make your own hours, you decide when you want to be available to work; morning, evening or night shift. We offer competitive hourly compensation, meaning more money in your pocket, and choose where you want to work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct physical and psychological assessments of clients and developing a treatment plan.
- Evaluating patient condition regarding physical and basic mental health.
- Advising on adaptive equipment to help clients with daily activities.
- Assessing home and work environments of clients and deciding what adjustments are needed.
- Preparing clients for a return to work.
- Developing physical rehabilitation programs to help clients regain lost skills.
- Educating caregivers and family members of clients on patient care.
- Maintaining professional knowledge and the technical progress in order to provide clients with the best treatment program available.
- Evaluating results and progress of occupational therapy on clients.
- Complying with federal, state, and local certification requirements.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy from a recognized university.
- Compliant with state healthcare regulatory requirements.
- Certified by the National Board for Certification.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of treatment practices and physical therapy programs.
- Ability to take care of clients with different personalities.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
For any questions about this job, please contact:
Safari Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees.