We are looking to hire a pharmacy technician for a contract with us. You will be responsible for handling customer transactions and inventory at the facility pharmacy. You will be responsible for evaluating and checking written prescriptions, as well as recording and verifying patient information while maintaining confidentiality and compliance with regulations and dispensing both prescription and over the counter medicine to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complying with state and federal laws
- Answering patients’ questions and troubleshoot medication issues
- Maintaining current notes and paperwork related to the patient’s drug therapy and pharmacy care plan
- Processing and filling prescriptions
- Checking pharmaceutical stock to assess inventory level; placing orders; removing outdated drugs
- Reporting drugs’ adverse reactions
- Advocating for patients’ compliance with medication guidelines
- Maintaining relationships with physicians
- Assisting in facilitating communication between the patient and insurance companies, doctors, nurses, and labs
- Reviewing medication orders and prescriptions and organizing medications for dispensing; preparing labels; calculating quantities, and preparing intravenous solutions
Qualifications and Requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills
- A pharmacy technician certification.
- Basic math skills for counting medications.
- The ability to use a computer for day-to-day tasks.
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment.
- Customer service experience.
Why Join Safari Healthcare
We’re a nursing staffing agency that offers travel contracts, Local contracts, and Per Diem assignments across the United States. We offer designed assignments to cater your specific needs. With us, you make your own hours, you decide when you want to be available to work; morning, evening or night shift. We offer competitive hourly compensation, meaning more money in your pocket, and choose where you want to work.
For any questions about this job, please contact:
Safari Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees.