CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
Safari Healthcare is seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant for a local/travel nursing contract in an LTC facility.
Who We Are
We’re a nursing staffing agency that offers travel contracts, Local contracts, and Per Diem assignments across the United States. We offer designed assignments to cater your specific needs. With us, you make your own hours, you decide when you want to be available to work; morning, evening or night shift. We offer competitive hourly compensation, meaning more money in your pocket, and choose where you want to work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting residents’ with activities of daily living, making beds, feeding, transferring, turning every two hours, answering call lights, measuring vital signs, and recording patient data.
- Depending on which shift you work, your CNA duties may slightly differ from those performed during another shift. A typical morning shift starts with the nurse aide waking up the client, helping with toileting, bathing, and dressing, changing linens and making beds, transferring the client to a wheelchair when appropriate, and assisting with feeding.
- Use mechanical equipment to help with frequent patient transfers from bed to wheelchair.
- Measuring client’s pulse, temperature, and blood pressure. Some residents need blood glucose readings prior to eating, as well as oxygen saturation and weight measurements.
- Recording the collected data in the client’s chart. If at any point during the shift, the CNA observes an unusual client behavior or an abnormal reading in the vital signs’ measurement, she should promptly notify the LPN or RN in charge.
- State Nursing Professional License
- State Driver’s License and SSN
- Current CPR
- Physician statement documenting employee’s ability to work in your profession without restriction.
- Immunization records to include Negative PPD within 12 months of assignment start OR negative chest film and TB questionnaire. TB questionnaire must be completed within 12 months of the assignment start.
- 2 MMR immunizations OR Rubella and Rubeola titer
- Proof of Hepatitis B vaccination series or Hepatitis B declination waive
This role requires 1 years of Long Term Acute Care experience.
For any questions about this job, please contact:
Safari Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for employees.